Pancakes, waffles, and bagels are among the best things to eat during breakfast, but if you are following a keto diet, you have to swap these and focus on low-carb, high-protein, and high-fat options. Luckily these keto recipes below are excellent keto recipes to try out on your next breakfast.
Classic Bacon and Eggs
This recipe is a no-brainer and is one of the best keto breakfasts. Enjoy as many eggs as you like without feeling any guilt.
- Fry the bacon in a pan on medium heat until crispy. Set aside. Leave the rendered fat in the pan.
- Fry eggs in the pan. Place the container in medium heat and fry your eggs in bacon fat.
- Cook the eggs the way you like it. If you want sunny side up, leave the eggs to fry on one side and cover the pan with a lid to make sure the top part is cooked. For eggs cooked over easy, flip the eggs then cook for another minute.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This 6-ingredient low-carb pancakes are easy to make, fluffy, and are so delicious.
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp Erythritol (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour (blanched & finely ground)
- Five large Egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil (or any neutral tasting oil)
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until it is at almost the same consistency like a pancake batter.
- Preheat the oiled pan over low to medium heat. Drop the batter into the pan to form circles. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until you see bubbles. Flip and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes until brown.
Keto Fat Bombs
Keto Fat bombs are low-fat, no-bake treats that are typically made of coconut oil, nut butter, cocoa powder, avocado, and a little sugar. If you’ve wanted to eat fudge for breakfast, these are guilt-free fudge.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- optional, I like to add 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice or coconut butter
- stevia to taste, or 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
Mix all the ingredients until smooth. If it’s too dry, pour in additional coconut oil. Pour the contents into a small ice cube container or a mini cupcake tin. Freeze to set. Enjoy!
Baked Avocado Boats
Baked avocado boats are a delicious and excellent way to start your day. These baked avocado eggs are easy to make but are packed with nutrition. Here’s how to make one:
- Wash and cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop a bit of the avocado contents to fit an egg into it.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the avocado’s well. Be careful not to break the yolk.
- Season the stuffed avocado with salt and pepper.
- Bake the avocados for 7 minutes. Then top with cheese. Bake again according to how you want your eggs done.
- Serve and Enjoy!