Lifting heavy weights always seemed to be the answer to getting gains.
While weightlifting is beneficial for numerous reasons, it is not the only way to build sculpt your body and improve strength. Many people have come to realize that a home workout with your own body weight is enough.
Whether you work out at home or want to give the dumbbells a rest, here’s a list of 12 body weight workouts that will deliver results.
To see strength success, practice your routine two to three times per week. Keep reading to learn how many sets and reps each move needs. And don’t be fooled by the lack of equipment. This mix of cardio, plyometrics, and bodyweight exercises will still work you hard.
The Warm Up
It is important warm up before you start. Five minutes of brisk walking or jogging will do the job. Stretch or foam roll to minimize soreness.
Combine 5 to 6 of these exercises to make a challenging routine
1. Rotational jacks (3 sets of 10-15 reps)
2. Plank reach-unders (3 sets of 10-15 reps)
3. Mountain Climbers (3 sets of 30 seconds)
4. Step- Ups (3 sets of 10-15 reps)
5. Squat Jumps (3 Sets of 10-12 reps)
6. Burpees (start with 15 reps)
7.Standing Side Hops (3 sets of 20 reps)
8. Pull-ups (3 sets till failure)
9. Squat pulses (3 sets of 30 seconds)
10. Flutter Kicks (3 sets of 30 seconds)
11. Split Squats (3 sets of 10-12 reps)
12. Push-ups (3 sets till failure)
How long should you do this routine for?
Weights aren’t required for a body-burning workout. Mix and match these 13 bodyweight exercises to see results in just a month or two.
Remember: Eating a healthy, balanced diet is the other piece of the puzzle. While you won’t see real changes without addressing your diet, you can still be strong and powerful.